Website Accessibility Policy
Website Accessibility Policy as of January 1st, 2022.
We strive to make our website as accessible and usable as possible. We do this by following Section 508 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C, the web’s governing body).
Section 508 is a legal requirement and WCAG is a set of checkpoints and guidelines that help ensure that websites are designed and written properly. For example:
- Images have alternative text (so if you can’t see the image you can still read the text).
- Color contrast between the foreground and background is sufficiently strong.
- Text resizes according to user preference.
- Headings are correctly used (they’re not just ordinary text made to look big and bold).
- Links make sense by themselves (e.g. no links that just say “Click here” or “More…”).
- Tables are used for laying out tabular information and have proper headings and summaries.
For those familiar with Section 508 and WCAG, we aim for AA compliance across our site. We also look for opportunities to meet AAA compliance.
If you have a problem using our site, please contact us and provide the URL (web address) of the material you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information. We’ll attempt to provide the information you’re seeking.
If you have any type of disability, we recommend that you visit the FCC Accessibility Clearinghouse and the Access Board website. You’ll find expert advice such as alternative screen readers, screen magnifiers and other devices that can make using a computer easier and more enjoyable.
We also recommend that you visit AbilityNet’s My Computer My Way, which provides advice on making your computer accessible.
Website compliance is an on-going effort and we will continue to expand our website’s capabilities to ensure the widest range of accessibility possible. Rice Real Estate is dedicated to providing a website that is compliant with all ADA guidelines. All concerns regarding website accessibility can be directed to Rice Real Estate at 702-551-9592.