Is it already time to say goodbye? We’d love for you to renew your lease and stay with us. We commonly offer 12-month, 24-month, and month-to-month renewals, but please let us know if those don’t work for you, we may be able to come up with other options.
Please complete this form (one per household) to let us know you’re moving out of the home. Remember to click “submit” once you’ve entered in all the required information.
We typically require at least 30 days notice, but refer to your lease agreement for specific requirements
30 Day Notice To Vacate or Move Out Form
Move Out Procedures.
- Give a Written 30-Day Notice: At least 30 days before move out date: You could be financially responsible for the rental for 30 days after your written notice is given, so make sure that you give written notice as soon as you know your move out date. You can submit this notice by filling out this form and returning it via fax, mail or email.
- Pay All Utilities Until Move-Out: Pursuant to your lease agreement, leave all utilities on through the end of your lease term, regardless of whether you move out sooner. Most leases end the last day of a month, so schedule your utilities to go off on the first day of the following month. Otherwise, we will have the service reinstated and you will be charged turn-on fees, the cost of which will far surpass any savings you may realize by turning utilities off too early.
- Give the Office Your Forwarding Address: Please provide this so that we can make sure we get your security deposit transmittal back to you in a timely manner. We will have your security deposit transmittal postmarked and mailed to the provided forwarding address within 30 days of move-out. IMPORTANT: If we do not have your forwarding address, we will send it to your last known address – the address you are moving from. You will want to make sure you register your change of address with the US Postal Service. If you fail to provide your forwarding address, this will delay your receipt of the Security Deposit Transmittal
- Clean the Unit Completely: Moving is a very tiresome event. Please consider carefully whether you will have the time and energy, after moving, to properly clean your place. Most commonly, tenants have every intention of leaving the property clean, usually boasting to us, “it will be cleaner than when we moved in”. But then they simply run out of time or are too exhausted after hauling boxes. They blow off the final clean and walk away figuring their deposit will cover the cleanup costs. This leaves us scrambling to get the home professionally cleaned at the last minute.
- Security Deposit Transmittal + Refund check: Most security deposit transmittals are mailed within 2 ½ weeks. We are required by law to process the security deposit transmittal within 30 days. You can help speed this process by making sure you’ve attended to everything on the move-out instructions and information sheet. If you leave a damaged and dirty property with trash/junk and overgrown landscaping, your security transmittal will reflect that.
Note: You must be finished, out of the property, and have the keys to our office by no later than 5PM of the last day of your lease. No extra or holdover days will be allowed beyond your move-out date. Return All Keys and Remotes in Functioning Order.
SECURITY DEPOSIT DEDUCTIONS TO AVOID
• Missing or burnt‐out light bulbs
• Dirty Air Filters
• Missing or chirping smoke detector/CO2
• No receipt for professional carpet cleaner
• Carpet damage due to spills, heavy soiled foot traffic, rough use, pets, etc.
• Failed to clean all areas of the home in the cleaning checklist from your lease.
• Extensive wall paint scuffs, marks, chips, and holes. Holes from flat screen TV wall mounts
• Landscape not trimmed, weeded and cleaned up
• Missing house keys/remotes/FOBS/pool keys
• Trash left out on front curb, trash cans full
• Garage/driveway has grease and oil spots
• Damage that is not considered Normal Wear & Use. View this chart.