Maintaining your home is a team effort. We like to say, you take care of the small stuff, we’ll take care of the big stuff.
***You will receive a very fast response (even nights/weekends) as online repair requests are automatically sent to multiple team members.***
It’s important to understand what issues we’ll handle and what issues are up to you to manage. Here you’ll find a more detailed outline of maintenance and services issues each of us should be prepared to take care of. Prior to submitting your maintenance request scroll down to find a quick list of what each of us should be prepared to handle.
By submitting a maintenance request online I affirm that:
(1) To my best knowledge, no one in my home is infected with COVID-19/coronavirus or has been in personal contact with a person who is infected with COVID-19/coronavirus – If you potentially have COVID-19, or have been exposed to COVID-19, submit your service request by calling us at 702-551-9592 ext 6. Please let our team know about your current health status when placing your service request.
(2) No one in my home has flu-like symptoms or respiratory difficulty, or recently travelled to a COVID-19/coronavirus high risk area, whether domestically or internationally; and
(3) Since a person infected with COVID-19/coronavirus may not show symptoms, there is no assurance that any service personnel or vendor servicing my home is not infected, and my family/roommates and I understand and assume this risk and release Rice Real Estate and its vendors and affiliates from any claim or liability relating to this service call and COVID-19/coronavirus.
(4) If your service request has not yet been performed and an individual in your home has potentially contracted COVID-19, or possibly has been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us as soon as possible.
On behalf of everyone at Rice Real Estate, our hearts go out to all those impacted by COVID-19 – this includes not only those diagnosed with the virus, but also their friends and family, those whose jobs and schools have been impacted and so many more.
Here’s a quick list of what each of us should be prepared to handle:
You take care of: Changing the air filters monthly and replacing thermostat batteries as needed
We take care of: Everything else
You take care of: Changing water filters in the fridge as needed and keeping everything clean
We take care of: Everything else
You take care of: Keeping everything clean and free from debris, mold or mildew including the home’s exterior, walkways, walls, first floor gutters, fences, mailbox, and driveway.
We take care of: Fences, your garage door, roofing, second floor gutters, and the home’s structure
You take care of: Setting the clock, testing the system weekly for correct function, and adjusting and replacing broken sprinkler heads if needed
We take care of: Repairs to the clock, electronics, pumps and underground pipes
Lawn & Landscaping
You take care of: Everything between the ground & 8’ high
We take care of: Everything underground & above 8′ high
You take care of: Minor toilet or drain clogs, changing light bulbs, regular cleaning, small hardware issues, etc.
We take care of: Water and drainage line breaks, plumbing leaks, plumbing hardware, and water heater issues
You take care of: Regular pest control for common pests like ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, beetles, and small rodents.
We take care of: Large rodents, bee hives/wasp nests, birds, or termites that have taken up residence in the home or attic, and common indoor pests that are present in the home within 30 days of your move-in.
Pool (if applicable)
You take care of: Regularly skimming and emptying the skimmer basket, removing toys from the pool after use, keeping the pool safety fence up and the gate locked whenever the pool is unsupervised and unused
We take care of: Weekly maintenance, such as chemical balancing, general cleaning, and equipment upkeep
Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
You take care of: Checking and changing batteries
We take care of: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
Maintenance Service Fees
We’re happy to take care of any maintenance requests, however, if the maintenance is for something that falls under your responsibility, a minimum service fee of $75 will apply. If you have any questions about these maintenance responsibilities, service issues, or what constitutes a maintenance emergency, please contact us.
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES TO KEEP ON HAND
Having these supplies handy will help make maintaining your home quick and simple.
- AC Air Filters
- Wall cleaner (or similar product)
- Wall hooks (or similar product)
- 1 Gallon of interior paint (may be supplied by RRE and located in garage)
- Interior cleaning supplies
- Batteries for smoke detectors
- Light bulbs
- Water filters where applicable
- Weed control spray
- Lawn Feed & Fertilizer
- Pest Control Spray
- Heavy Duty trash bags
- Cat litter for soaking up oil/fluid spills in the garage and driveway
- Oil stain cleaner/remover
- Wire brush for scrubbing oil/fluid stains
- Krud Kutter (or similar product)
RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Maintaining your home is a lot easier when tasks don’t pile up. We recommend following this general schedule to stay ahead of most maintenance items:
- Vacuum and clean floors
- Clean surfaces including countertops, appliances, bathrooms, tub and toilets
- Mow, edge and weed the lawn
- Remove debris
- Water lawn daily
- Check irrigation system for leaks
- If applicable, skim pool, empty skimmer basket, check pool water level, add water when necessary.
- Change AC air filters
- Deep clean appliances
- Clean sink and tub drains
- Wipe down cabinet doors
- Clean walls in high traffic areas
- Pest control
- Clean windows
- Check smoke detectors
- Trim bushes, shrubs and trees under 8’
- Check and update watering schedule to account for changes in weather
- Clean windows and screens
- Wash exterior walls and fences as needed to remove mold, mildew, and algae
- Clean baseboards
- Clean interior cabinets and drawers
- Prep lawn for seasonal changes such as aerating, fertilizing, and weed control
Please remember, we’ll handle anything underground or over 8’, such as the roof or tall tree issues, and you’ll need to take of any landscaping items from ground level up to a height of 8’. Let us know if you see anything that needs attention so we can assess and get you the proper service. Here is additional information regarding Tenant Responsibilities.