HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A UNIT? To apply for any of our rental properties, click on “Apply” in the menu bar or by clicking here. There is a $65 application fee. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
WHO NEEDS TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION? Every adult (over the age of 18) that will be living in the unit will need to fill out a separate application.
DO YOU HAVE AN INCOME REQUIREMENT?
Documented monthly gross income must be at least 3x’s monthly rent. Self-employed & tip-earners included.
DO YOU ACCEPT CO-SIGNERS?
We only accept Nevada residents as co-signers. A co-signer must complete a separate rental application & will be required to execute the rental agreement along with the residents of the property. An approved co-signer will be fully obligated to all conditions and terms of the rental property lease. Automatic double security deposit if co-signer approved.
WHAT IS YOUR SCREENING PROCESS AND RENTAL CRITERIA?
We score applications based on income, credit worthiness, debt to income ratio, rent payment history, cash reserves of monthly rent, employment history, length of residency, background/eviction check and other factors. The scoring card used to process and approve applications can be viewed online here.
Here are some of our requirements to rent:
- Copy of Government Issued Identification (i.e.- Drivers License, I.D. Card)
- Recent Paystub or Tax Return (if Self Employed), or Hire letter if starting new job
- Reliable documentation for other income you want included such as retirement, SSI, child support, etc.
- Most recent checking account bank statement. The statement must have applicant’s name visible and not be a screen shot of current balance. OK to black out account number.
- Recent savings account or retirement account showing cash reserves of monthly rent, if any.
- Two (2) Previous Addresses and Landlord Information
- Pet profile via a 3rd party pet screening company www.petscreening.com
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY APPLICATION PROCESSED?
We strive to have your application processed within 2 business days. Sometimes this is faster and other times slower. In order to ensure swift processing times make sure you attach all the requested documents. These will include a copy of your Photo ID, proof of income, and any other supporting documents. If you forget to attach anything please email it to our office.
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHO GETS TO RENT THE UNIT?
Rice Real Estate uses a 21-point scoring card to process applications. If multiple applications are received the property will be first offered to the applicant with the highest score. If the 1st approved applicant doesn’t pay holding fee within 24 hours of approval the property will be offered to the next in line and so on. The rental application scoring card can be viewed here: Scoring Card.